The tech world was abuzz when Google announced its latest addition to the Pixel lineup, the Google Pixel Tablet, on May 10, 2023. Released on June 20, 2023, this Android tablet has generated significant interest among gadget enthusiasts. In this comprehensive review, we delve into the tablet’s features, specifications and overall performance.
Google Pixel Tablet Design and Build
The Google Pixel Tablet boasts an elegant design with dimensions measuring 258 x 169 x 8.1 mm and a weight of 493 grams. The tablet features a glass front, aluminum frame, and aluminum back, exuding a premium and sturdy feel. Notably, it offers stylus support, enhancing its usability for creative tasks.
Google Pixel Tablet Display
The tablet sports a vivid 10.95-inch IPS LCD display, providing an immersive visual experience. With a resolution of 1600 x 2560 pixels and a 16:10 aspect ratio, it offers crisp and detailed visuals. The screen-to-body ratio of approximately 79.7% ensures an expansive viewing area, perfect for multimedia consumption and productivity tasks.
Google Pixel Tablet Performance
Under the hood, the Google Pixel Tablet runs on Android 13, with the promise of an upgrade to Android 14. It is powered by the Google Tensor G2 chipset built on a 5nm architecture. The octacore CPU configuration includes 2×2.85 GHz Cortex-X1 cores, 2×2.35 GHz Cortex-A78 cores, and 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A55 cores. The Mali-G710 MP7 GPU delivers excellent graphics performance, making it suitable for gaming and graphics-intensive applications.
Google Pixel Tablet Memory and Storage
The tablet is available in two storage variants: 128GB with 8GB of RAM and 256GB with 8GB of RAM. The utilization of UFS 3.1 storage technology ensures rapid data access and smooth overall performance. Whether you opt for the base model or the highercapacity one, you’ll have ample storage for your apps, files, and media.
Google Pixel Tablet Camera
The Google Pixel Tablet features an 8 MP single rear camera with an f/2.0 aperture. While it may not be a camera-centric device, it still captures decent photos and supports features like HDR and panorama. The tablet’s front camera is also an 8 MP sensor with similar capabilities. Both cameras are capable of recording 1080p videos at 30fps, making video calls and occasional photography enjoyable.
Google Pixel Tablet Audio
One of the standout features of this tablet is its audio setup. Equipped with stereo speakers, the Google Pixel Tablet delivers impressive sound quality. The four speakers create an immersive audio experience, enhancing your enjoyment of movies, music, and games. However, it lacks a 3.5mm headphone jack, so you’ll need USB Type-C or wireless headphones for private listening.
Google Pixel Tablet Connectivity
The tablet offers robust connectivity options. It supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6 for fast and stable internet connections. Bluetooth 5.2 ensures seamless pairing with compatible devices, and there’s a USB Type-C 3.2 (Gen 1) port with a magnetic connector for charging and data transfer.
Google Pixel Tablet Additional Features
The Google Pixel Tablet incorporates various sensors, including an accelerometer, gyro, compass, and proximity sensor (for accessories only). It also features Ultra-Wideband (UWB) support, opening up possibilities for future interactions and device connectivity.
Google Pixel Tablet Battery Life
With a non-removable 7020 mAh Li-Po battery, the Google Pixel Tablet offers impressive battery life. The 15W wired charging ensures relatively quick recharging, keeping you productive and entertained throughout the day.
Google Pixel Tablet Colors
This tablet is available in three appealing colors: Porcelain, Hazel and Rose, allowing users to choose the one that matches their style.
Google Pixel Tablet Price
The Google Pixel Tablet is priced at approximately 670 EUR (about ₹57,000 INR), making it a competitive option in the tablet market for its feature set and performance.
Pros And Cons About Google Pixel Tablet Review
Pros Of Google Pixel Tablet
- Exceptional Display: The Google Pixel Tablet boasts a stunning 10.95-inch IPS LCD display with a high-resolution of 1600 x 2560 pixels.
- Powerful Performance: Equipped with the Google Tensor G2 chipset and an octa-core CPU, the tablet offers robust performance. It handles multitasking, app launches, and graphic-intensive applications with ease. The MaliG710 MP7 GPU ensures smooth gaming and impressive graphics performance.
- Immersive Audio: The tablet features stereo speakers, creating a rich and immersive audio experience. With four speakers strategically placed, users can enjoy clear, loud, and spatial audio, enhancing the enjoyment of movies, music and games.
- Sleek Design and Build Quality: With a slim profile and a lightweight build, the Google Pixel Tablet offers portability without compromising durability. The glass front and aluminum frame and back exude a premium feel.
- Long-lasting Battery Life: The tablet comes with a substantial 7020 mAh non-removable battery. Combined with efficient hardware and software optimization, it offers impressive battery life, ensuring users can stay productive and entertained throughout the day.
Cons Of Google Pixel Tablet
- No Headphone Jack: The absence of a 3.5mm headphone jack means users must rely on USB Type-C or wireless headphones, which might inconvenience those who prefer wired audio devices.
- Limited Camera Capabilities: While the tablet includes 8 MP front and rear cameras, they are basic in functionality. While suitable for video calls, the cameras lack advanced features and may not meet the expectations of users looking for high-quality photography.
- Lack of Expandable Storage: The absence of a card slot for expandable storage limits users to the internal storage options (128GB or 256GB). This could be a drawback for users who prefer the flexibility of adding additional storage via microSD cards.
- No NFC or Radio: The Google Pixel Tablet does not support NFC, which means features like contactless payments and quick pairing with other devices are not possible.
- High Price Tag: While offering impressive features, the tablet’s price point approximately ₹57,000 INR, places it in the higher price bracket. This might make it less accessible for budget-conscious consumers.
Google Pixel Tablet is a remarkable addition to Google’s product lineup. Its sleek design, powerful performance, impressive display and exceptional audio quality make it a compelling choice for users seeking a high-quality Android tablet. While it may not replace a dedicated camera, it excels in various other aspects by offering a fantastic multimedia and productivity experience. If you’re in the market for an Android tablet and it is undoubtedly worth considering.
Google Pixel Tablet FAQs
What is the Google Pixel Tablet?
The Google Pixel Tablet is a premium Android tablet introduced by Google featuring advanced specifications and a sleek design.
When was the Google Pixel Tablet Launched?
The Google Pixel Tablet was announced on May 10, 2023, and it was released on June 20, 2023.
What are the Dimensions and Weight of the Tablet?
The tablet measures 258 x 169 x 8.1 mm (10.16 x 6.65 x 0.32 inches) and weighs 493 grams (1.09 lb), making it slim and lightweight.
Does the Tablet Support Stylus?
Google Pixel Tablet supports a stylus, enhancing its usability for creative tasks and note-taking.
What is the Screen Size and Resolution of the Tablet?
The tablet features a 10.95-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1600 x 2560 pixels and a 16:10 aspect ratio, providing sharp and vibrant visuals.
Read More: The 10 Most Expensive Perfumes In The World